Severe Thunderstorm Watch Issued for Brampton
A severe thunderstorm watch is in effect for Brampton on Thursday evening.
Conditions are “favourable for the development of dangerous thunderstorms that may be capable of producing damaging wind gusts, large hail and heavy rain,” reads a statement issued by Environment Canada.
“The thunderstorms are expected to develop ahead of or along a cold front this evening.”
The watch also covers Mississauga, Burlington, Oakville, Milton, and Halton Hills.
Very strong wind gusts “can damage buildings, down trees and blow large vehicles off the road. Remember, severe thunderstorms can produce tornadoes,” the statement continues.
The federal agency is reminding residents to go indoors when thunder roars.
Severe thunderstorm watches are issued when atmospheric conditions are favourable for the development of thunderstorms that could produce one or more of the following: large hail, damaging winds, torrential rainfall.
The Office of the Fire Marshal and Emergency Management recommends taking cover immediately if threatening weather approaches.
- Maple Leaf Foods closes Brampton plant as more employees test positive for COVID-19
- More than 500 new COVID-19 cases recorded in Ontario, 270 total cases found in Brampton
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Police help six-year-old boy from Brampton celebrate his birthday
- Two Maple Leaf Foods workers at two Ontario plants test positive for COVID-19
- Ontario reports 550 new COVID-19 cases, largest single-day increase so far