Severe Thunderstorm Watch Now in Effect for Brampton
A severe thunderstorm watch is now in effect for Brampton, according to Environment Canada.
Environment Canada says that conditions are favourable for the development of severe thunderstorms. These storms may produce strong wind gusts, large hail, and heavy rain.
“Strong wind gusts can toss loose objects, damage weak buildings, break branches off trees and overturn large vehicles,” Environment Canada says. “Remember, severe thunderstorms can produce tornadoes. Heavy downpours can cause flash floods and water pooling on roads. If you hear thunder, then lightning is close enough to be dangerous.”
Thunderstorms are possible, according to Environment Canada, late this morning (July 11) and afternoon.
“These thunderstorms may be capable of producing very strong wind gusts of 100 km/h, heavy downpours and hail,” notes Environment Canada.
- Patrick Brown reveals COVID-19 'hot spot' neighbourhood in Brampton
- Peel releases map data showing COVID-19 cases and hotspots
- Police investigating after deceased male located in Brampton
- Three teens arrested for arson at Brampton elementary school
- Ontario is giving drive-in movie theatres the clear to reopen