Severe Weather Warning Back in Effect for Brampton
Be sure to keep an umbrella handy tonight, as it appears a severe thunderstorm could hit Peel this evening.
Environment Canada recently announced that a severe thunderstorm warning is in effect for Mississauga, Brampton and Caledon.
The weather agency says it's currently tracking a storm capable of producing strong wind gusts, nickel-size hail and heavy rain.
"Thunderstorms extending from Brampton across Caledon to near Orangeville contain torrential downpours which may give a quick 25 to 50 mm of rain," Environment Canada says. "Wind gusts of 90 km/h and large hail are possible."
Residents are advised to exercise caution, as heavy downpours can cause flash floods and water pooling on roads.
Large hail can damage property and cause injury and strong wind gusts can toss loose objects, damage weak buildings, break branches off trees and overturn large vehicles. Intense lightning is likely with any thunderstorm that develops and lightning can be deadly.
If you're caught in a storm, seek shelter immediately.
- Traffic study identifies most dangerous streets in Brampton
- Impaired driver smashes into tree in Brampton
- Popular American chicken joint goes international, opening new locations in Ontario
- 460 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 1,956 total cases found in Brampton
- House of the Week: $1.4 Mil Bungalow With Incredible Bar