Severe Weather Warning Currently in Effect for Brampton
Try to stay dry and not get blown away, Brampton.
According to Environment Canada, a wind warning is in effect for Brampton, Mississauga, Halton Hills, Milton, Caledon, Burlington, and Oakville as of 3 p.m. on Tuesday April 3, 2018.
Wind gusts could be as strong as 90 km/h on Wednesday.
“A cold front will move across the regions early Wednesday morning,” said Environment Canada.
“Strong westerly winds will develop in its wake with gusts to 90 km/h expected at times Wednesday.”
“Winds will gradually begin to diminish Wednesday evening.”
Environment Canada says that the strong winds could even produce power outages, so be sure to have extra batteries for your flashlights and keep your phone charged.
“Damage to buildings, such as to roof shingles and windows, may occur,” warns Environment Canada.
“Loose objects may be tossed by the wind and cause injury or damage.”
In addition to the severe wind warning, a special weather statement is in effect for the same areas. Fifteen to 30 mm of rain are expected on Tuesday night.
- Police And Fire Department Responding To Gas Leak At Brampton Plaza
- Man Charged After Police Locate Loaded Firearm in Brampton
- Massive Auto Group Starts Construction of Luxury Dealership in Brampton
- Ontario Government Announces Results of 'Voluntary Layoff' Program
- GO Transit Anticipates Packed Trains this Evening Following Raptors Parade