Severe Weather Warning Currently in Effect for Brampton
Try to stay dry and not get blown away, Brampton.
According to Environment Canada, a wind warning is in effect for Brampton, Mississauga, Halton Hills, Milton, Caledon, Burlington, and Oakville as of 3 p.m. on Tuesday April 3, 2018.
Wind gusts could be as strong as 90 km/h on Wednesday.
“A cold front will move across the regions early Wednesday morning,” said Environment Canada.
“Strong westerly winds will develop in its wake with gusts to 90 km/h expected at times Wednesday.”
“Winds will gradually begin to diminish Wednesday evening.”
Environment Canada says that the strong winds could even produce power outages, so be sure to have extra batteries for your flashlights and keep your phone charged.
“Damage to buildings, such as to roof shingles and windows, may occur,” warns Environment Canada.
“Loose objects may be tossed by the wind and cause injury or damage.”
In addition to the severe wind warning, a special weather statement is in effect for the same areas. Fifteen to 30 mm of rain are expected on Tuesday night.
- Exciting Christmas Events are Coming to a Huge Entertainment Facility
- Brampton man celebrating his big lottery win
- $25,000 reward offered for conviction of armed robbery suspects in Peel
- Two arrested for selling fake name brand purses in Brampton
- House of the Week: $1.3 Mil House with Amazing Master Bedroom