Severe Weather Warning in Effect This Afternoon for Brampton
If the blistering heat wasn't enough, here's one more reason you may want to stay indoors today.
According to a weather warning from Environment Canada, conditions this afternoon are favourable for the development of dangerous thunderstorms across southern Ontario.
Due to the high heat and humidity, EC believes a few of these thunderstorms could result in intense torrential downpours. The thunderstorms are also expected to be slow moving, meaning some locations could receive anywhere between 25 and 50 mm of rain in a short period of time.
Strong wind gusts up to 90 km/h will also be a concern, the warning states.
Residents are advised to take cover when stormy weather approaches, as heavy rainfall and fast-moving waters can quickly cause floods and even sweep vehicles away.
Environment Canada will continue to monitor the weather and issue further statements as necessary.
- Multiple charges laid for loitering in Brampton
- First responders attending to vehicle rollover in Brampton
- Brampton city council unanimously approves motion to increase road safety
- House of the Week: $1.6 Mil House with Insta-Worthy Backyard
- Federal wage subsidy to be extended to December, Trudeau says