Severe Weather Watch is in Effect for Brampton
We hope you have an umbrella handy!
Environment Canada is issuing a severe thunderstorm watch for the Peel-Halton area (Mississauga, Brampton, Caledon, Oakville, Milton, Halton Hills, Burlington).
"There is the potential for severe thunderstorms beginning late this morning and this afternoon," reads the statement issued at 9:46 a.m. on Friday morning.
The weather agency says conditions are favourable for the development of dangerous thunderstorms that may be capable of producing strong wind gusts, heavy rain, and damaging hail.
Yes, that's right—hail.
Even though it's small, it's still hail.
Very large hail can damage property, break windows, dent vehicles, and cause serious injury.
The weather agency is reminding people that heavy downpours can cause flash floods and water pooling on roads.
Lightning is also dangerous, so residents are encouraged to seek shelter in the event of a major storm.
- 5 Things You Didn't Know About Woodbine Mohawk Park
- House of the Week: $4.6 Mil Massive House with Stunning Interior
- All lanes closed on a major highway in Brampton
- Major phone scam affecting Brampton; residents warned not to call back
- UPDATE: Mental health crisis prompts major highway and road closures in Brampton