Severe Weather Watch is in Effect for Brampton
We hope you have an umbrella handy!
Environment Canada is issuing a severe thunderstorm watch for the Peel-Halton area (Mississauga, Brampton, Caledon, Oakville, Milton, Halton Hills, Burlington).
"There is the potential for severe thunderstorms beginning late this morning and this afternoon," reads the statement issued at 9:46 a.m. on Friday morning.
The weather agency says conditions are favourable for the development of dangerous thunderstorms that may be capable of producing strong wind gusts, heavy rain, and damaging hail.
Yes, that's right—hail.
Even though it's small, it's still hail.
Very large hail can damage property, break windows, dent vehicles, and cause serious injury.
The weather agency is reminding people that heavy downpours can cause flash floods and water pooling on roads.
Lightning is also dangerous, so residents are encouraged to seek shelter in the event of a major storm.
- Police And Fire Department Responding To Gas Leak At Brampton Plaza
- Man Charged After Police Locate Loaded Firearm in Brampton
- Massive Auto Group Starts Construction of Luxury Dealership in Brampton
- Ontario Government Announces Results of 'Voluntary Layoff' Program
- GO Transit Anticipates Packed Trains this Evening Following Raptors Parade