Severely Cold Wind Chills Expected in Brampton
An extreme cold warning remains in effect for Brampton and many other areas in southern Ontario, Environment Canada reported around 11:00 a.m. on Sunday.
A period of severely cold wind chills is expected, with wind chill values near minus 30 continuing today.
"This bitterly cold Arctic airmass will remain in place through the weekend with wind chill values near minus 30 expected today," says the report.
"Tonight even colder wind chill values of minus 35 to minus 40 are expected."
Warmer temperatures are expected on Monday as winds ease, but temperatures near minus 20 or colder are still expected Monday night. A milder air mass will begin to move in Tuesday.
Extreme cold warnings are issued when very cold temperatures or wind chill creates an elevated risk to health such as frost bite and hypothermia.
Residents are advised to cover up when outdoors and stay inside if possible.
- Multiple charges laid for loitering in Brampton
- First responders attending to vehicle rollover in Brampton
- Brampton city council unanimously approves motion to increase road safety
- House of the Week: $1.6 Mil House with Insta-Worthy Backyard
- Federal wage subsidy to be extended to December, Trudeau says