Sheridan College Makes it Onto This Exciting List
Sheridan College has made it onto a very exciting, and honourable, list.
According to a recent press release, Sheridan College currently ranks in the top five research colleges in the country, according to the annual ranking of Canada’s Top 50 Research Colleges that was recently released by Research Infosource Inc.
Along with this achievement, Sheridan College, which has campuses in Oakville, Mississauga, and Brampton, has maintained its first overall ranking of completed research projects with a total of 180 projects, while remaining as a top-five institute in a few different categories.
The categories include research partnerships, paid student researchers, industry research income and industry research intensity.
“We’re thrilled to be recognized - once again - as a research leader in Canada,” Janet Morrison, President and Vice Chancellor of Sheridan College, said in a recent press release.
“At Sheridan, research is part of our institutional fabric. It enables us to imagine and incubate great, big audacious ideas. Independently and collectively, our faculty-led projects drive academic quality, economic development, social innovation, and entrepreneurship. By deliberately involving students, our projects also offer highly compelling, hands-on experiences that position learners for success in today’s knowledge economy.”
Many of the projects highlighted in this year’s ranking were led by one of Sheridan’s five Research Centres and Entrepreneurial Hub which include the Centre for Elder Research, Screen Industries Research and Training Centre (SIRT), Centre for Advanced Manufacturing and Design Technologies (CAMDT), Centre for Mobile Innovation (CMI), Canadian Music Theatre Project (CMTP), and the EDGE Entrepreneurship Hub (EDGE).
“Our ranking in this year’s list recognizes Sheridan’s commitment to research excellence, and reflects the achievements of our faculty, staff and students,” Andrea England, Vice Provost, Research, said in a recent press release.
“We’re immensely proud of our unique research culture, the meaningful experiences it provides for our students, and the exceptional value we deliver to partner organizations.”
- Brampton father celebrates big lotto win
- Brampton man charged in drifting and street racing investigation
- COVID-19 screening guidance for schools and child care revised in Ontario
- Brampton shooting leads to murder investigation
- Peel District schools in Brampton with reported cases of COVID-19 – September 30
- Sheridan College Recently Ranked Number One on an Exciting List
- Sheridan College awarded grant to further work in animation
- Brampton College Receives Major Investment From Canadian Government
- Sheridan College Gets $1.2M in Funding
- Council approves funding to relocate research centre to Brampton's Innovation District