Shoe designer introducing Black Canadian fashion designer group
TORONTO -- A longtime member of the fashion industry is launching an interactive index of black Canadian designers.
Shoe designer George Sully, who is black, is unveiling Black Designers of Canada this week.
A co-founder of several brands, including Sully Wong and House of Hayla, Sully asked people to submit their favourite black designers on social media last week.
A statement says the goal of Black Designers of Canada is to "make it next to impossible for the industry to make excuses rooted in ignorance to justify exclusion."
Sully is asking people to continue submitting designers to join the group.
The Canadian Press
Photo courtesy George Sully’s Instagram
- Brampton father celebrating big lotto win
- Peel District schools in Brampton with reported cases of COVID-19 – September 25
- Daycare in Lockdown as shooting leaves man dead in Brampton
- Brampton remains reasonably-priced for tenants: Report
- Province places new restrictions on bars and restaurants, closes all strip clubs
- Trudeau announces cash for loans, support to Black Canadian entrepreneurs
- Peel school board anti-Black racism review under fire for not having a Black reviewer
- March against anti-Black racism happening this weekend in Brampton
- Ontario government appoints Black reviewer for Peel school board anti-Black racism review
- Did You Know The Founder of the Black Panthers Was Once Jailed in Brampton?