Shoppers World Brampton celebrates 50th anniversary
by Lucy Mazzucco on November 14, 2019
"Brampton has evolved tremendously over the course of my 20-plus years as General Manager of Shoppers World Brampton, but one thing remains constant - this shopping centre continues to be a beloved emblem of Brampton's historic Peel Village," said Penny Karas, General Manager, Shoppers World Brampton. "Community members of all ages, across the City of Brampton, have fond memories of time spent in this centre over the past 50 years, and I'm incredibly proud to be celebrating five decades as a hub for connection and exploration."Currently, a mix of national and independent tenants continue to provide the city with a unique variety of retail offerings at the centre.Shoppers World Brampton's big celebration followed RioCan's recent announcement to revamp the centre into a walkable, cyclable, transit-oriented, multi-use community with a large focus on accessibility.Retail will continue to play a vital role in the property even after redevelopment, in accordance with the importance of creating a complete, livable community.
Here’s a look at Shoppers World throughout the years.
Main photo courtesy of the city of Brampton
All other photos courtesy of Peel Art Gallery Museum + Archives (PAMA)
- Brampton father celebrating big lotto win
- Peel District schools in Brampton with reported cases of COVID-19 – September 25
- All COVID-19 cases in Brampton schools for the week of September 21 to 26
- Ontario reports 435 new COVID-19 cases, no new deaths
- House of the Week: $1.6 Mil House with Insta-Worthy Backyard
- Incredible Photos of Shoppers World Through the Years in Brampton
- Updated vision for Shoppers World redevelopment revealed
- Have Your Say on The Major Changes Coming to Shoppers World
- Information session about Shoppers World transformation being held in Brampton
- Could Shoppers World Become Brampton's New Downtown?