Significant Rainfall Expected to Hit Brampton
It may be time to put away the shovels and bust out the umbrellas.
Significant rainfall is expected to start later today in the evening, according to a recent special weather statement from Environment Canada.
The report suggests that 10 to 20 mm of rain may fall by Tuesday morning. EC warns that the rain, combined with rapidly melting snow due to warmer temperatures, may cause a build up or ponding of water in poorly drained areas.
The cause of the rainfall is a warm front associated with a low pressure area that will be moving through the region tonight, bringing a significant amount of rain with it.
Tuesday morning's commute is likely to be affected. If visibility is reduced while driving, the MTO advises drivers to turn on your lights and maintain a safe following distance.
Occasional rain -- along with very mild temperatures more typical of April -- is expected on Tuesday.
- Province confirms route for new highway that will run through Brampton
- Power outage affecting more than 400 Brampton residents
- Two Brampton residents celebrating lottery wins
- Peel District School Board says parents have 10 days to decide whether or not to send their children back to class
- Canadian man who was set to be deported from U.S. gets COVID in custody, dies