'Significant rainfall' warning issued for Brampton
Environment Canada issued a special weather statement, calling for “significant rainfall” Friday night.
Rain is expected to begin late in the afternoon or early Friday evening and then taper off or change to snow Saturday morning or afternoon.
“The frozen ground and thin snowpack will have a reduced ability to absorb this rainfall,” according to Environment Canada. “Local ponding on streets is possible, especially where storm drains are covered in snow or ice.”
Total rainfall amounts of 15 to 25 mm are expected.
- Unexpected airport closure leaves Canadian travellers stranded on Cuban island
- The longest picket line ever could be coming to the Region of Peel this Friday
- PHOTOS: Plane lands without wheel at Pearson Airport
- Police investigating fire in Brampton
- Peel Regional Police investigating carjacking in Brampton