'Significant rainfall' warning issued for Brampton
Environment Canada issued a special weather statement, calling for “significant rainfall” Friday night.
Rain is expected to begin late in the afternoon or early Friday evening and then taper off or change to snow Saturday morning or afternoon.
“The frozen ground and thin snowpack will have a reduced ability to absorb this rainfall,” according to Environment Canada. “Local ponding on streets is possible, especially where storm drains are covered in snow or ice.”
Total rainfall amounts of 15 to 25 mm are expected.
- Physical distancing fine issued in Brampton after backyard party
- Brampton transit making service changes in response to COVID-19
- Police lay more than 50 charges against eight Brampton residents in connection to series of thefts
- 60-year-old Brampton man succumbs to COVID-19
- Region of Peel ‘accidentally’ mails wrong COVID-19 test results to 16 people