Significant Snowfall in the Forecast for Brampton
If you plan on traveling this evening, you might want to watch the weather.
Environment Canada recently announced that a special weather statement is in effect for Halton and Peel (Mississauga, Brampton, Oakville, Burlington, Milton and Halton Hills).
The weather agency says localized pockets of flurries may affect areas near the west end of Lake Ontario this afternoon due to increasing northeast winds. It also says more widespread snow associated with a passing low pressure system is expected to move into the region early this evening and end later Monday morning.
Snowfall amounts are generally expected to be in the 5 to 10 cm range.
However, for areas stretching from near Oakville towards Hamilton and Grimsby, there is a possibility that amounts may approach 15 cm.
In addition to the snow, gusty northeasterly winds will generate local blowing snow especially closer to Lake Ontario.
Travel may be hazardous at times today and especially tonight into Monday morning.
- Grocery store employee in Brampton tests positive for COVID-19
- Mayor Brown raises concerns over banquet hall events and weddings in Brampton
- BREAKING: AMBER Alert issued for two girls last seen in Kitchener
- House of the Week: $1.6 Mil House with Insta-Worthy Backyard
- Peel District schools in Brampton with reported cases of COVID-19 – September 29
- Special weather statement regarding "significant snowfall" in effect for Brampton
- Snow and Extremely High Winds in the Forecast for Brampton
- A Weather Advisory is Now in Effect for Brampton
- Special Weather Statement Is In Effect for Brampton
- Snow and strong winds expected in Brampton's weather forecast today