Significant Snowfall May Affect Upcoming Commutes in Brampton
It's been a snowy, icy past few days, and it looks like this week will be starting off with more of the same.
Environment Canada has issued a special weather statement for Brampton, stating the possibility of a significant amount of snow on Monday.
Snow, at times heavy, will develop later Monday morning and persist into the evening, the statement reads.
Total snowfall amounts of 10 to 15 cm are possible by late Monday night.
"Travel may become hazardous due to the reduced visibilities in heavy snow and blowing snow," the report says.
"There may be an impact on the commute both Monday evening and Tuesday morning."
Environment Canada is continuing to monitor the weather system causing the snow, and may issue a snowfall warning as the system approaches.
- Police investigate possible kidnapping of a female in Brampton
- All COVID-19 cases in Brampton schools for the week of September 14 to 19
- UPDATE: Police say Saturday night incident in Brampton wasn't kidnapping; continuing to investigate
- Ontario reports 365 new COVID-19 cases in past 24 hours, one new death
- Planning for this transformative Brampton project now underway