UPDATED: SIU Called in for Brampton Crash Involving Police Cruiser
The province’s Special Investigations Unit is in Brampton on Thursday morning following a crash involving at least one Peel police cruiser which sent two people to hospital.
As of 5 a.m. Main St. N. at Vodden St. was closed in both directions until further notice.
This stretch of Main St. runs between Williams Pkwy. and Queen St. E.
A three-vehicle collision involving a cruiser was reported around 7:30 p.m. on Wednesday, which took place at Main and English streets.
That’s where an officer was driving southbound on Main, heading to a domestic violence call.
The cruiser and two vehicles collided, sending a female driver and the officer to hospital with serious injuries.
The woman was treated and released.
The SIU is asking anyone with information to contact the lead investigator at 1-800-787-8529, and is also urging anyone with video footage to upload it through the SIU website.
The intersection re-opened by 8:30 a.m.
- House of the Week: $1.6 Mil House with Insta-Worthy Backyard
- Federal wage subsidy to be extended to December, Trudeau says
- Ontario to announce plans for Stage 3 of reopening as COVID-19 spread slows
- Professor’s Lake and more to reopen in Brampton this week
- Ontario set to announce plans for Stage 3 of COVID reopening
- Peel Police Cruiser Involved in Multi-Vehicle Brampton Crash
- Peel Police Cruiser Involved in Crash Near Major Brampton Intersections
- Police Report Cruiser Struck by a Vehicle
- Road closed due to crash involving police cruiser in Brampton
- Driver flees three-vehicle crash involving police cruiser in Brampton