UPDATED: SIU Called in for Brampton Crash Involving Police Cruiser
The province’s Special Investigations Unit is in Brampton on Thursday morning following a crash involving at least one Peel police cruiser which sent two people to hospital.
As of 5 a.m. Main St. N. at Vodden St. was closed in both directions until further notice.
This stretch of Main St. runs between Williams Pkwy. and Queen St. E.
A three-vehicle collision involving a cruiser was reported around 7:30 p.m. on Wednesday, which took place at Main and English streets.
That’s where an officer was driving southbound on Main, heading to a domestic violence call.
The cruiser and two vehicles collided, sending a female driver and the officer to hospital with serious injuries.
The woman was treated and released.
The SIU is asking anyone with information to contact the lead investigator at 1-800-787-8529, and is also urging anyone with video footage to upload it through the SIU website.
The intersection re-opened by 8:30 a.m.
- Maple Leaf Foods closes Brampton plant as more employees test positive for COVID-19
- More than 500 new COVID-19 cases recorded in Ontario, 270 total cases found in Brampton
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Police help six-year-old boy from Brampton celebrate his birthday
- Two Maple Leaf Foods workers at two Ontario plants test positive for COVID-19
- Ontario reports 550 new COVID-19 cases, largest single-day increase so far
- Peel Police Cruiser Involved in Multi-Vehicle Brampton Crash
- Peel Police Cruiser Involved in Crash Near Major Brampton Intersections
- Police Report Cruiser Struck by a Vehicle
- Road closed due to crash involving police cruiser in Brampton
- Driver flees three-vehicle crash involving police cruiser in Brampton