SIU Clears a Peel Police Officer in Brampton Arrest
Charges aren’t being laid against a Peel police officer after a man was injured during his arrest in Brampton, Ontario’s Special Investigations Unit has ruled.
The incident unfolded on Dec. 27, 2017, at 5:30 p.m.
Officers responded to a disturbance call at a home in Brampton on Ray Lawson Blvd.
Soon after, the man was handcuffed and was taken to hospital for treatment of an injury.
"The medical evidence establishes the man did not suffer a serious injury,” said the SIU’s director Tony Loparco.
“As such, I have terminated the investigation into this incident."
- Significant snowfall in the forecast for Brampton this winter
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Geese play chicken on Brampton road
- Brampton man charged after four pedestrians struck in multi-vehicle crash
- 96 year old Brampton man charged with two counts of sexual assault
- Brampton school under hold and secure as police investigate threats