SIU Clears a Peel Police Officer in Brampton Arrest
Charges aren’t being laid against a Peel police officer after a man was injured during his arrest in Brampton, Ontario’s Special Investigations Unit has ruled.
The incident unfolded on Dec. 27, 2017, at 5:30 p.m.
Officers responded to a disturbance call at a home in Brampton on Ray Lawson Blvd.
Soon after, the man was handcuffed and was taken to hospital for treatment of an injury.
"The medical evidence establishes the man did not suffer a serious injury,” said the SIU’s director Tony Loparco.
“As such, I have terminated the investigation into this incident."
- Patrick Brown reveals COVID-19 'hot spot' neighbourhood in Brampton
- Wearing masks could soon be mandatory in Brampton amid COVID-19 pandemic
- Man charged after hate-motivated incident in Brampton
- Brampton principal temporarily removed for 'xenophobic and racist' remark
- These stores are now open at Bramalea City Centre in Brampton