SIU investigating after police attend disturbance call in Brampton
The Special Investigations Unit (SIU) has invoked its mandate following a recent incident in Brampton.
At 2:20 a.m., Peel Police responded to a disturbance call at a residence at Montjoy Crescent and Maitland Street, near Williams Parkway and MacKay.
Upon arrival, police say they had an interaction with a man at the scene.
As a result, the SIU was notified and will be investigating.
The circumstances of the incident have not been disclosed at this time.
The SIU is an arm's length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury, or allegations of sexual assault.
More information to come.
- Two Brampton residents celebrating lottery wins
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Multi-vehicle collision in Brampton
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Street race results in car crashing into Brampton home
- City of Brampton encouraging residents to report face-covering infractions
- Police investigating gas station robbery in Brampton
- Peel Police Officer Charged with Sexual Assault
- SIU Investigating After Police Taser 59-year-old Brampton Woman
- Police investigating disturbance involving armed suspect in Brampton
- SIU investigating fatal shooting of 26-year-old-man in Brampton
- SIU Investigating After Man Falls to his Death from 410 Overpass