SIU Investigating After Police Taser 59-year-old Brampton Woman
The Special Investigations Unit, an arm's length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual abuse, is investigating after a 59-year-old woman sustained injuries during an encounter with Peel police in Brampton.
At approximately 9:00 a.m. on Saturday, Jan. 28, Peel police arrived at a home in the Financial Drive and Steeles Ave. West. area after receiving a call. Outside the home, an interaction between officers and the woman occurred and a conducted energy weapon (more colloquially known as a taser) was deployed.
The woman was injured and transported to local hospital.
Two investigators and one forensic investigator have been assigned to investigate this incident.
The SIU is urging anyone who may have information about this investigation to contact the lead investigator at 1-800-787-8529. The Unit is also urging anyone who may have any video evidence related to this incident to upload that video through the SIU website.
- Brampton resident celebrating big lottery win
- Police launch blitz targeting noisy vehicles in Brampton
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Single vehicle collision in Brampton
- Drugs, firearms, and over 1,000 rounds of ammunition seized from Brampton residence: Police
- City of Brampton issues by-law reminder during COVID-19