SIU Investigating Major Collision that Injured Four Men in Brampton
Today, news broke that the Special Investigations Unit, an arm's length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault, is investigating a two-car collision in Brampton that injured four people.
According to the SIU, a Peel police officer attempted a traffic stop in the Kennedy Road and Queen Street area around 2:00 a.m., but the vehicle fled the scene. A short time later, the vehicle collided with a cargo van at the Rutherford Road and Vodden Street intersection.
The driver of the fleeing vehicle, a 26-year-old man, was taken to hospital with serious injuries. The passenger, also a 26-year-old man, was injured and transported to hospital.
The occupants of the cargo van, a 61-year-old man and a 58-year-old man, were also transported to hospital.
Jason Gennaro, SIU Communications, said that the SIU has designated one subject officer and two witness officers as part of the investigation.
According to the SIU, six investigators, two forensic investigators, and one collision reconstructionist have been assigned to investigate this incident.
The SIU is urging anyone who may have witnessed the incident to contact the lead investigator at 1-800-787-8529.
- Woman found in Brampton garage in life-threatening condition
- Child at summer camp tests positive for COVID-19
- Unconscious male in Brampton located with no vital signs, police say
- UPDATE: Woman pronounced dead after being found with life-threatening injuries
- Why anyone who deferred mortgage payments should check their credit score
- SIU Investigating After Police Taser 59-year-old Brampton Woman
- SIU Probes Crash After Police Officers Struck in Brampton
- SIU Investigating After Man Falls to his Death from 410 Overpass
- UPDATE: One Year Old Child Injured in Brampton Collision
- Suspect in Custody After Police Officer Injured During Traffic Stop in Brampton