SIU Investigating Naloxone-Related Death in Brampton
The Special Investigations Unit has stepped in to investigate the circumstances of a 50-year-old man’s death in Brampton.
The incident took place at approximately 11:00 p.m. on Friday, April 27. Peel Police officers responded to a Brampton residence for a medical assistance call.
Upon the officers’ arrival, CPR was performed on a man inside the residence and naloxone was administered.
The man was then taken by EMS to hospital, where he was pronounced dead.
Two investigators and two forensic investigators have been assigned to this incident, the SIU says.
The post-mortem is scheduled for today (April 29).
This is the third naloxone-related death involving Peel police in the past two months.
Anyone with information that could help the investigation is asked to contact the SIU at 1-800-787-8529. Additionally, anyone who may have video evidence related to this incident is urged to upload the video through the SIU website at siu.on.ca.
- Employee at Brampton FreshCo. tests positive for COVID-19
- Brampton woman identified as Hamilton murder victim
- These are the pharmacies offering COVID-19 tests in Brampton
- Airbnb cracks down on Brampton party house
- 11-year-old from Brampton hoping to win this season’s grand prize for America’s Got Talent