SIU Investigating Naloxone-Related Death in Brampton
The Special Investigations Unit has stepped in to investigate the circumstances of a 50-year-old man’s death in Brampton.
The incident took place at approximately 11:00 p.m. on Friday, April 27. Peel Police officers responded to a Brampton residence for a medical assistance call.
Upon the officers’ arrival, CPR was performed on a man inside the residence and naloxone was administered.
The man was then taken by EMS to hospital, where he was pronounced dead.
Two investigators and two forensic investigators have been assigned to this incident, the SIU says.
The post-mortem is scheduled for today (April 29).
This is the third naloxone-related death involving Peel police in the past two months.
Anyone with information that could help the investigation is asked to contact the SIU at 1-800-787-8529. Additionally, anyone who may have video evidence related to this incident is urged to upload the video through the SIU website at siu.on.ca.
- 5 Things You Didn't Know About Woodbine Mohawk Park
- All lanes closed on a major highway in Brampton
- House of the Week: $4.6 Mil Massive House with Stunning Interior
- Major phone scam affecting Brampton; residents warned not to call back
- UPDATE: Mental health crisis prompts major highway and road closures in Brampton