SIU Investigating Police Involvement in Brampton Shooting
The Special Investigations Unit has invoked its mandate following an overnight shooting in Brampton today.
Around 2:30 a.m., Peel Police responded to shots being fired on Highway 410 northbound between Bovaird Drive East and Sandalwood Parkway East.
Upon arrival at the scene, officers located a man with a gunshot wound and an Audi SUV stopped near a tow truck.
Officers attempted to block the vehicle. As the Audi reversed and fled the scene, one officer discharged his firearm multiple times at it, the SIU reports.
The abandoned vehicle was located in the area of Checkerberry Crescent and Geddes Lane. The vehicle’s occupant has not yet been located.
Three investigators and three forensic investigators have been assigned to this incident, the SIU says.
More information to come as the investigation proceeds.
- UPDATE: Pedestrian struck by vehicle in Brampton pronounced dead
- Pedestrian seriously injured after being hit by vehicle in Brampton
- Multiple coyotes have been spotted in Brampton
- Police searching for sex trafficking offender known to frequent GTA
- Cannabis sales associated with boost in property values in Brampton
- SIU terminates investigation in regard to a police-involved shooting in Brampton
- SIU Terminates Police Shooting Investigation in Brampton
- Officers on scene investigating shooting in Brampton
- SIU Probes Crash After Police Officers Struck in Brampton
- Shots Fired After Vehicle Reportedly Stolen in Brampton