SIU Probes Arrest in Brampton Home
The province’s Special Investigations Unit is investigating after a man was injured during an arrest at a Brampton home.
“This investigation is in its preliminary stages and investigators are determining the details of this incident, including the nature of the call and the number of officers involved,” said SIU spokesperson Jasbir Dhillon.
The incident, involving Peel police, took place on Dec. 27 at 5:20 p.m. when officers responded to a call on Ray Lawson Blvd.
The Brampton man, 52, was seriously injured during the interaction.
He was taken to hospital and diagnosed with a serious injury.
Two investigators and one forensic investigator have been assigned to this file.
The SIU is asking anyone who may have information about the incident to contact the lead investigator at 1-800-787-8529.
Anyone who may have video evidence related to this incident is being asked to upload footage through the SIU website.
The SIU is an arm’s length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault.
- Exciting Christmas Events are Coming to a Huge Entertainment Facility
- 5 Amazing Places for a Girls' Weekend Getaway Outside Brampton
- Brampton man celebrating his big lottery win
- Two Brampton men charged in massive firearm-related investigation
- $25,000 reward offered for conviction of armed robbery suspects in Peel
- SIU Probes Crash After Police Officers Struck in Brampton
- SIU Investigating After Police Taser 59-year-old Brampton Woman
- SIU Investigating After Man Falls to his Death from 410 Overpass
- Man Dead After Interaction With Police in Brampton
- SIU Investigating Major Collision that Injured Four Men in Brampton