SIU Probes Arrest in Brampton Home
The province’s Special Investigations Unit is investigating after a man was injured during an arrest at a Brampton home.
“This investigation is in its preliminary stages and investigators are determining the details of this incident, including the nature of the call and the number of officers involved,” said SIU spokesperson Jasbir Dhillon.
The incident, involving Peel police, took place on Dec. 27 at 5:20 p.m. when officers responded to a call on Ray Lawson Blvd.
The Brampton man, 52, was seriously injured during the interaction.
He was taken to hospital and diagnosed with a serious injury.
Two investigators and one forensic investigator have been assigned to this file.
The SIU is asking anyone who may have information about the incident to contact the lead investigator at 1-800-787-8529.
Anyone who may have video evidence related to this incident is being asked to upload footage through the SIU website.
The SIU is an arm’s length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault.
- Police Remind Residents Not to Call 911 on Ice Cream Trucks
- Brampton Woman Arrested After Crashing Pick Up Truck into Tree
- Ice Cream Sandwiches and Other Food Products Being Recalled
- Peel Police 'Can't Believe' They Have to Tell Brampton Residents Not to Car Surf
- Peel Police Asking For Help To Locate Missing 10-Year-Old Boy From Brampton