SIU Probes Arrest in Brampton Home
The province’s Special Investigations Unit is investigating after a man was injured during an arrest at a Brampton home.
“This investigation is in its preliminary stages and investigators are determining the details of this incident, including the nature of the call and the number of officers involved,” said SIU spokesperson Jasbir Dhillon.
The incident, involving Peel police, took place on Dec. 27 at 5:20 p.m. when officers responded to a call on Ray Lawson Blvd.
The Brampton man, 52, was seriously injured during the interaction.
He was taken to hospital and diagnosed with a serious injury.
Two investigators and one forensic investigator have been assigned to this file.
The SIU is asking anyone who may have information about the incident to contact the lead investigator at 1-800-787-8529.
Anyone who may have video evidence related to this incident is being asked to upload footage through the SIU website.
The SIU is an arm’s length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault.
- Brampton students cannot switch from distance to in-person learning at random during the school year: PDSB
- Mosquitos carrying West Nile discovered in Brampton
- Skies will be clear in Brampton for optimal Perseid meteor shower viewing
- Trudeau, Morneau, Telford must resign, or trigger an election: Blanchet
- Province confirms route for new highway that will run through Brampton
- SIU Probes Crash After Police Officers Struck in Brampton
- SIU Investigating After Police Taser 59-year-old Brampton Woman
- Man Dead After Interaction With Police in Brampton
- SIU Investigating After Man Falls to his Death from 410 Overpass
- SIU Investigating Major Collision that Injured Four Men in Brampton