SIU Probes Crash in Brampton
The province’s Special Investigations Unit has invoked its mandate after a crash between a Peel Regional Police cruiser and a taxi which seriously injured a man in Brampton.
The incident took place on Sept.20 around 2 p.m.
That’s when a taxi was driving into the intersection at Bramalea Rd. and Bovaird Dr.
A cruiser also entered the intersection at the same time and the vehicles collided.
A 30-year-old man who was a passenger in the taxi was assessed at hospital with a serious injury.
The SIU is urging anyone who may have witnessed the incident to phone the lead investigator at 1-800-787-8529.
Anyone with video evidence related to this incident is asked to upload footage.
The SIU is an arm’s length agency which investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault.
- Paramedics Called to Scene of Motorcycle Accident in Brampton
- Residents Warned to Beware of Very Convincing New Scam in Brampton
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Incredible Police Takedown in Brampton
- Dating Site Releases Interesting Data About Marriage in Brampton
- Brampton Sikh Motorcyclists No Longer Required to Wear a Helmet