SIU Probes Crash in Brampton
The province’s Special Investigations Unit has invoked its mandate after a crash between a Peel Regional Police cruiser and a taxi which seriously injured a man in Brampton.
The incident took place on Sept.20 around 2 p.m.
That’s when a taxi was driving into the intersection at Bramalea Rd. and Bovaird Dr.
A cruiser also entered the intersection at the same time and the vehicles collided.
A 30-year-old man who was a passenger in the taxi was assessed at hospital with a serious injury.
The SIU is urging anyone who may have witnessed the incident to phone the lead investigator at 1-800-787-8529.
Anyone with video evidence related to this incident is asked to upload footage.
The SIU is an arm’s length agency which investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault.
- Your Water Bill Might Skyrocket in Brampton Due to Doug Ford Policies Soon
- Traffic Lights Reportedly Out in Brampton After Vehicle Hits Pole
- Police Seeking to Identify Three Robbery Suspects in Brampton
- UPDATE: Five Year Old Child Located
- Daycare Worker Handed Prison Sentence Following Peel Regional Police Investigation