Snow Storm Set to Hit Brampton Today
Although it's been a good winter, it's not prepared to go quietly into the night.
According to Environment Canada, we can expect to see up to 15 cm of snow, with the storm starting today and persisting into tomorrow. Although 15 cm isn't great news (at least not for anyone traversing the roads), it's not quite as bad as the 25 cm that was forecasted over the weekend.
Environment Canada reports that snow will develop during the day today and continue into Tuesday night. The heaviest snowfall should occur overnight tonight and persist into Tuesday morning (meaning the Tuesday morning commute might be a tough one).
"Northeast winds gusting to 50 km/h are also expected this evening into Tuesday, resulting in localized blowing snow," Environment Canada reports. "Travel conditions today into Tuesday night may be hazardous as a result of snow and blowing snow."
Fortunately for us, the snow will taper to scattered flurries Tuesday night.
Although Environment Canada doesn't expect the coming snow to warrant an official weather warning, they do acknowledge that that could change.
If you’re driving in the snow, be sure to exercise caution and give yourself lots of time.
- 5 Things You Didn't Know About Woodbine Mohawk Park
- All lanes closed on a major highway in Brampton
- House of the Week: $4.6 Mil Massive House with Stunning Interior
- Major phone scam affecting Brampton; residents warned not to call back
- UPDATE: Mental health crisis prompts major highway and road closures in Brampton