Snowfall Alert Now in Effect for Brampton
Winter is here and it's not letting up.
Environment Canada recently announced that a special weather statement is in effect for Halton and Peel (Mississauga, Brampton, Caledon, Oakville, Burlington, Milton and Halton Hills).
The weather agency says residents might see snow tonight and early Wednesday morning. There's also a risk of freezing rain late Wednesday morning, followed by strong winds and rain.
Environment Canada says a Colorado low will track northeast across Lake Huron and Georgian Bay Wednesday, bringing a dramatic change in weather with it.
There will be snow.
"A band of snow will move through the regions tonight with most areas getting 2 to 5 cm of snow except 5 to 10 cm snow near Lake Huron," Environment Canada says.
"The snow will change over to rain near noon Wednesday or in the afternoon with the passage of a warm front. Risk of freezing rain is also possible during the transition."
Fortunately, a brief thaw will arrive with temperatures soaring several degrees above freezing.
Strong southwesterly winds gusting to 70 or 80 km/h are also expected later Wednesday.
- Seven of the top 10 most rat-infested cities in Ontario in GTHA
- Charges laid after stolen vehicle causes collision in Brampton
- Additional charges laid in fatal Brampton collision that killed mother and three children
- Planning for this transformative Brampton project now underway
- Brampton's mandatory face-covering bylaw to be extended until 2021
- Environment Canada Issues Special Weather Statement for City of Brampton
- Rain, snow and strong winds in the forecast for Brampton
- Snow and Freezing Rain Headed for Brampton
- Strong winds and freezing rain in forecast for Brampton
- Special weather statement regarding "significant snowfall" in effect for Brampton