Snowfall warning issued for Brampton
Environment Canada has issued a snowfall warning for the Peel Region with 15 to 25 cm expected by Thursday morning.
“Snow is expected to continue [Wednesday] and will become heavy in the afternoon,” according to Environment Canada. “Heavy snow will continue at night before tapering to a few flurries Thursday morning.”
Additionally, strong snow squalls are expected with heavy and blowing snow developing Thursday afternoon east of Lake Huron and may extend into the Golden Horseshoe.
Snow squalls will likely continue through Friday and whiteout conditions are likely.
“Be prepared to adjust your driving with changing road conditions,” added Environment Canada. “Visibility may be suddenly reduced at times in heavy snow.”
“There may be a significant impact on rush hour traffic in urban areas.”
- Ontario extends business closures amid COVID-19 crisis
- Physical distancing fine issued in Brampton after backyard party
- Brampton transit making service changes in response to COVID-19
- Police lay more than 50 charges against eight Brampton residents in connection to series of thefts
- Ontario reports over 450 new COVID-19 cases, over 130 cases confirmed in Brampton