Snowstorm Officially Headed for Brampton
If you have to commute to work, you might want to give yourself extra time tomorrow morning because a healthy heaping of snow is expected to create some rush hour delays.
Environment Canada recently announced that a special weather statement is in effect for the Halton and Peel regions (Burlington, Oakville, Milton, Halton Hills, Brampton and Mississauga).
The weather agency says snow is expected to begin overnight across Southwestern Ontario and advance eastward to reach the GTA just in time for the Wednesday morning commute.
Environment Canada says 5 to 10 cm of snow is expected to fall before.
The snow should taper off by Wednesday afternoon.
"While snow amounts are expected to be below the snowfall warning criteria of 15 cm or more within 12 hours, the timing of the snowfall could affect road conditions and visibilities, especially during the Wednesday morning commute," Environment Canada says.
So be sure to give yourself a little extra time tomorrow morning.
- Brampton man wins big lottery cash prize
- Salaries for Brampton Employees Expected to Rise 2.7 Per Cent
- Ontarians are being warned not to participate in the TikTok penny challenge
- Brampton House of the Week: Majestic $2.8 Corner Home With Basement Theatre
- Four arrested including two Brampton men after series of overnight robberies