Some Big Changes Are Coming For Section of Major Highway in Peel
Do you have a frustrating commute in or near Brampton?
If so, we've got some good news for you.
There’s some relief coming for daily commuters in Mississauga and Brampton, as a major highway is about to get some new off ramp exits onto a major east-west artery that cuts through the industrial part of Mississauga near Pearson Airport.
The Ministry of Transportation announced that they retained the engineering firm AECOM to undertake a Detail Design and Environmental Assessment for reconfiguring the Highway 410/Courtneypark Drive interchange, to include a new on-ramp to Highway 410 northbound, and a new off-ramp from the 410 southbound to Courtneypark.
Below is a diagram of the proposed section of Highway 410 to be worked on:
The project work includes:
The reconfiguration of the Highway 410/Courtneypark Drive interchange including a new on-ramp from Courtneypark Drive to Highway 410 northbound.
Adding a new off-ramp from Highway 410 southbound to Courtneypark Drive.
Minor modifications will be required to the southbound Highway 410 on and off-ramps at Derry Road in order to introduce the new southbound off-ramp at Courtneypark Drive.
Widening of the Courtneypark Drive Bridge (Site 24-441/1&2) over Highway 410.
A Design and Construction Report (DCR) will be prepared to document the study process, design details, environmental impacts and mitigation measures, and the consultation undertaken throughout the project. The DCR will be made available for a 30-day review period. The DCR review period will be advertised in local newspapers, this project website, and mailed to those on the project contact list.
Consultation with regulatory agencies, municipalities, Indigenous communities, and other interest groups will be undertaken during this project (as required), and will focus on data collection, design details, construction staging plan, and the development of mitigation measures to avoid or reduce potential environmental impacts.
As a frequent commuter along the 410, it always baffled me as to why you can go southbound on the highway from Courtneypark but you can’t go north, nor can you exit onto Courtneypark if you’re coming southbound along the 410.
But Courtneypark is becoming more of a busy artery these days in Mississauga and Peel Region as people are using it as an alternative from the even more busier Derry Road in order to access their place of employment.
For more information on this project click here.
- Peel District schools in Brampton with reported cases of COVID-19 - September 21
- Dufferin-Peel Catholic District schools in Brampton with reported COVID-19 cases – September 21
- Province freezing rent for residential tenants in 2021
- Two Brampton men charged in connection to hit-and-run
- Over 500 drivers charged for having noisy vehicles in Brampton and Mississauga
- OPP Advising Drivers Of Traffic Hazard On Highway 410 Southbound
- Truck Fire Causing Closure at Highway 410
- OPP Advising Drivers Of Traffic Hazard On Highway 410 Southbound In Brampton
- All Lanes Blocked On Highway 407 In Brampton Due To Fatality
- All Lanes Blocked On Highway 410 Southbound In Brampton Due To Collision