Some Driving Fees Will Not Increase This Year in Brampton
There has been another update in the ongoing process of increasing driving fees across Ontario.
The Provincial government is planning to implement a new five-year plan that it says will bring "stability to any driver, vehicle and commercial fee increases in the future."
Key driver, vehicle and commercial fees will not increase until July 1, 2020. This is the third round of driver and vehicle fee increases that have been cancelled by the government. A modest two per cent increase to remaining fees will take effect on July 12, 2019.
"Our government is implementing minimal and consistent fee increases that provide certainty for businesses and keeps more money in taxpayer pockets," said Caroline Mulroney, the Minister of Transportation. "We are committed to reducing burdens on Ontarians while maintaining fiscal responsibility and making sure our roads remain safe."
Fees that will not increase this year include:
- Driver's licence renewals
- Driver's licence applications
- Vehicle plate, permit and validation fees
"Freezing most fees is a positive move by the Ford government that will help save Ontarians money," said Aaron Wudrick, the Federal Director of the Canadian Taxpayers Federation. "Moving forward, we would be pleased to work with the government to continue to find further efficiencies."
Money generated from fees helps to support improvements to roads, bridges and highways across Ontario.
- Traffic study identifies most dangerous streets in Brampton
- Canadian military preparing to get involved in COVID-19 pandemic
- Brampton man charged for allegedly lying about COVID-19 exposure
- Waste service changes coming to Brampton amid COVID-19 outbreak
- Close to 2,000 COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, with over 70 cases confirmed in Brampton
- The Ford Government Proposes To Increase Driver Fees Year After Freezing Them
- These Driver and Vehicle Fees are no Longer Being Increased for Brampton Residents
- Ontario Government Planning to Cut Tuition Fees in Brampton
- Brampton User Fees Set to Increase for Various Services
- Ontario is Freezing These Fees for Drivers