Some Residents Eligible for Free Dental Care in Brampton
Oral healthcare is important, but it’s also expensive.
Believe it or not, one of the most important parts of a child’s health is their teeth, and this can be hard for families who have trouble accessing dental care.
For that reason, some families in Brampton might be excited to know that a new mobile dental clinic recently launched in Peel Region.
The 40-foot long bus aims to offer dental care to children in their own communities.
Free dental care for some children aged 0-17 will be provided to families who need support by Peel Public Health - for the most part, for families who don’t have dental insurance.
What can you expect on the bus?
Some services provided include dental screening, cleaning, fluoride application and dental sealants.
“Our dental bus is an example of how the Region uses innovation to reduce health inequity across Peel,” said Dr. Jessica Hopkins, the Medical Officer of Health for the Region of Peel.
“By bringing dental services directly into the communities that need them most, it bridges the barriers some families still face getting their children treated.”
Even though these services are free of charge, some families in Peel still don’t know they are available.
The region aims to bring the bus to community areas, such as schools or places of worship to increase awareness for children to get the dental treatment they need.
The bus is the newest addition to the Region of Peel’s preventive dental programing, which started back in 2003. Other additions to the program include indoor portable clinics, that can be temporarily set up within schools and various locations within the community.
You can learn more here.
Cover photo courtesy of the Region of Peel
- Woman found in Brampton garage in life-threatening condition
- Patrick Brown responds to video alleging his violation against Brampton’s COVID-19 bylaw
- Child at summer camp tests positive for COVID-19
- UPDATE: Woman pronounced dead after being found with life-threatening injuries
- IKEA Canada reopens stores in Ontario
- New Dental Care Program Announced for Ontario's Seniors
- NDP Pledges to Make Dental Care More Affordable in Brampton
- Government creates new dental care program for seniors in Brampton
- Lack of PPE, conflicting guidelines slow reopening of dental clinics
- Ontario NDP Promises Free Dental Care If They Win Election