Some Road Closures Planned for Brampton This Weekend
If you plan to drive around the city this weekend, there are a few road closures you should be aware of.
On Sunday, April 9, a few streets will be closed for the celebration of the 100th anniversary of the Battle of Vimy Ridge.
The service will begin at the Memorial Square Cenotaph at Brampton City Hall at 10:25 a.m.
According to the city, the following roads will be closed on Sunday, April 9, 2017 from 9:30 am - 12 pm.
- Main Street South from Queen Street to Clarence Street
- Wellington Street West from George Street South to Chapel Street
The following roads will have rolling closures on Sunday between 9:55 am - 10:15 am.
- Theatre Lane from Union Street to Main Street North
- Main Street North from Nelson Street to Queen Street
The following roads will have rolling closures on Sunday, April 9, 2017 between 11:30 am - 12 pm.
- Wellington Street West from Main Street South to Chapel Street
- Chapel Street from Welling Street West to Armstrong Street
- Armstrong Street from Chapel Street to Mary Street
- Mary Street from Armstrong Street to the Royal Canadian Legion, Branch 15 entrance
Please note that John Street and Beatty Avenue will be converted from one-way to two-way streets for the duration of the above closures.
Drive safe and be mindful of the event, everyone.
- Canadian military preparing to get involved in COVID-19 pandemic
- Over 400 new COVID-19 cases found in Ontario, with over 100 cases found in Brampton
- Anyone caught violating the EMCPA will be fined between $750 and $1,000
- City of Brampton will now issue fines to enforce physical distancing amid COVID-19 outbreak
- COVID-19 measures could be in place for 'many, many weeks, if not months': PM