Something Exciting Just Happened to GO Commuters
Do you regularly take the GO train in and out of Brampton? If you're like so many other GTA commuters, you know that the one thing that makes the relaxing morning/afternoon commute just a little extra fun is the music coming from your headphones.
So what would you say if you found out that there are two Spotify playlists aimed at making your commute a little more lively?
Ontario transit giant Metrolinx recently announced that it has partnered with Sony Music Entertainment Canada Inc. to launch its GO Pop & GO Chill playlists exclusively on Spotify
"With the launch of two new music playlists powered by Spotify--GO Pop and GO Chill--GO travelers can now stream music by artists like P!nk, Justin Timberlake, Meghan Trainor, ZAYN, Camila Cabello and more on the GO Pop playlist - or John Mayer, James Arthur, John Legend and Ruth B among others on the GO Chill playlist," Metrolinx said in a statement.
The partnership announcement came during a live performance by Cold Creek County in Union Station.
Customers and fans alike enjoyed a four-song set by the popular Canadian act.
Metrolinx says the new playlists were programmed to make GO customer commutes more fun.
GO Pop and GO Chill are handpicked to appeal to a variety of musical tastes and simultaneously designed to flow smoothly," Metrolinx says.
"Both playlists are to be refreshed weekly. Any Spotify users can stream Go Pop and Go Chill now or download the playlists for offline listening with a Spotify premium membership."
To listen to the playlists, go to GO Pop & GO Chill.
- Brampton father celebrating big lotto win
- Peel District schools in Brampton with reported cases of COVID-19 – September 25
- Daycare in Lockdown as shooting leaves man dead in Brampton
- Brampton remains reasonably-priced for tenants: Report
- Province places new restrictions on bars and restaurants, closes all strip clubs
- Many people getting through pandemic by creating playlists for mundane activities
- Canadians streaming more upbeat music as quarantine restrictions begin to ease
- Spotify launches new program in Canada
- Here’s how you can get a free Nest Mini from Spotify
- Metrolinx could charge for GO Station parking in the future