Special Weather Alert Now in Effect for Brampton
It looks like more inclement weather is on its way.
Environment Canada recently announced a special weather statement is in effect for Halton and Peel (Mississauga, Brampton, Caledon, Oakville, Burlington, Milton and Halton Hills).
According to the weather agency, heavy downpours are expected in some areas.
"Areas of showers and thunderstorms are expected to affect portions of the regions this afternoon and evening," Environment Canada writes.
"Torrential downpours will be associated with these storms. Some storms will be very slow moving which could result in highly localized rainfall amounts in excess of 50 mm."
So if you plan on spending time outdoors this evening, be sure to take extra precautions and don't stray too far from shelter.
- Multiple Schools in Hold and Secure After Shots Reportedly Fired in Brampton
- Province is Bringing Back Massive Highway Project Going through Brampton
- Indian Snow Woman Making Waves in Brampton
- Ontario Residents Warned to Avoid Certain Types of Lettuce Following Illness Outbreak
- Police on Scene Investigating Shooting in Brampton