Special Weather Statement Currently in Effect for Brampton
Hold onto your hats!
Don't plan to spend too much time outdoors today, as you could get caught in some inclement weather.
Environment and Climate Change Canada has issued a special weather statement for Brampton, Caledon, Oakville, Burlington, Milton, Halton Hills, and Mississauga.
The weather agency is predicting significant winds of 60 km/h and wind gusts up to 80 km/h are expected to develop overnight tonight with the arrival of a cold front.
Stronger wind gusts may exceed 80 km/h over some areas, most likely north of Eastern Lake Erie and Lake Ontario, as well as over higher terrain.
“Winds of this magnitude can toss loose objects and cause injury or damage,” reads the statement.
“Gusty winds can also damage soft shelters, tents and awnings.”
Environment and Climate Change Canada will closely monitor the situation and issue wind warnings if necessary.
- Province confirms route for new highway that will run through Brampton
- City Council approves plan for Brampton’s last undeveloped area
- Brampton man arrested, two suspects sought for carjacking of mother and three year old daughter
- Ontario reports fewer than 100 new cases of COVID-19 for sixth day in a row
- Brampton man and Mississauga woman charged after motorcycle theft, assault against officer