Special Weather Statement in Effect for Brampton
According to Environment Canada a period of freezing rain is possible beginning early Sunday morning in Brampton.
A developing low pressure system is expected to bring rain and possibly some freezing rain to portions of southwestern Ontario.
The precipitation is expected to start after midnight and should persist Sunday morning before changing over to snow Sunday afternoon.
Current information suggests the most likely probability for several hours of freezing rain will be over the areas of:
- Burlington - Oakville
- Halton Hills - Milton
- Mississauga - Brampton
Untreated roads and sidewalks could become icy and slippery.
- Canadian military preparing to get involved in COVID-19 pandemic
- Traffic study identifies most dangerous streets in Brampton
- Waste service changes coming to Brampton amid COVID-19 outbreak
- Brampton man charged for allegedly lying about COVID-19 exposure
- Brampton making changes to transit routes starting March 31