Special Weather Statement in Effect for Brampton
According to Environment Canada a period of freezing rain is possible beginning early Sunday morning in Brampton.
A developing low pressure system is expected to bring rain and possibly some freezing rain to portions of southwestern Ontario.
The precipitation is expected to start after midnight and should persist Sunday morning before changing over to snow Sunday afternoon.
Current information suggests the most likely probability for several hours of freezing rain will be over the areas of:
- Burlington - Oakville
- Halton Hills - Milton
- Mississauga - Brampton
Untreated roads and sidewalks could become icy and slippery.
- Ontario to announce plans for Stage 3 of reopening as COVID-19 spread slows
- Weather warning in effect for funnel clouds expected in Brampton
- House of the Week: $1.6 Mil House with Insta-Worthy Backyard
- Police responding to reports of man sitting in middle of road in Brampton
- Brampton resident celebrating a big lotto win