Special Weather Statement in Effect for Brampton Today
Don't plan to spend too much time outdoors tonight, as you could get caught in some inclement weather.
As of 1:59 p.m. Environment Canada announced that a special weather statement is in effect for Brampton, Mississauga, Caledon.Oakville, Burlington, Milton, and Halton Hills.
The weather agency says that "scattered robust" thunderstorms are in store for southern Ontario which could produce strong wind gusts and heavy rain.
The thunderstorms may be accompanied by localized heavy downpours yielding up to 40 mm of rain, wind gusts of 70 km/h, and one cm of hail.
Thunderstorms are expected to weaken early this evening.
If you're caught in a thunderstorm this evening, head indoors as soon as possible. If you're driving, exercise more caution.
- Skies will be clear in Brampton for optimal Perseid meteor shower viewing
- Vehicle rolls over on Brampton intersection
- Passengers aboard several early-August flights to Pearson test positive for COVID-19
- Stormwater charges on this month's water bills now in effect for Brampton residents
- Feds transitioning Canadians from CERB to Employment Insurance