Special Weather Statement Is In Effect for Brampton
It looks like some inclement weather is on tap and it will very likely affect driving conditions (ah, the joys of winter!).
This means you'll either hibernate starting Monday, or gleefully grab those shovels which have been so, so lonely in the garage.
Or maybe you're somewhere in between.
Widespread snowfall is on its way to Brampton, Caledon, Mississauga, Oakville, Burlington, Milton, and Halton Hills.
A special weather statement was issued by Environoment Canada at 4:46 a.m.
"An Alberta Clipper low pressure area will sail across southern Ontario tonight into Tuesday," reads the statement.
It's expected to bring roughly five to 10 cm with it by Tuesday morning
The snow is likely to begin late Monday afternoon and taper off Tuesday morning.
"Although localized amounts of 10 to 15 cm are possible, the snowfall warning criterion of 15 cm snow in 12 hours is not expected to be reached," according to the federal agency.
Poor winter driving conditions are likely -- untreated roads may become covered in snow and slippery.
Drive safe, everyone!
- 11-year-old from Brampton hoping to win this season’s grand prize for America’s Got Talent
- These are the pharmacies offering COVID-19 tests in Brampton
- Police seeking public’s assistance in identifying suspect in connection to sexual assault in Brampton
- Airbnb cracks down on Brampton party house
- Ontario teachers no longer self-isolating after coming into contact with individuals experiencing COVID-19 symptoms
- A Special Weather Statement Has Been Issued for Brampton
- New Special Weather Statement Issued for Brampton
- Special Weather Statement Remains In Effect for Brampton
- Another Special Weather Statement is in Effect for Brampton
- Special weather statement regarding "significant snowfall" in effect for Brampton