Special Weather Statement Issued This Monday for Brampton
While the summer weather ramps up, residents are advised to stay cool and be prepared for the heat.
A recent statement has been issued for what Environment Canada is calling "the first heat event of the season."
A warm and humid airmass is expected to move into Southern Ontario on Monday, May 28, EC reports.
The daytime maximum temperatures are likely to reach the low 30s, with overnight lows near 20 degrees Celsius.
Environment Canada warns that these heat conditions can pose a health risk, especially to older adults, infants and young children, and people with chronic illnesses.
Residents are advised to beat the heat by drinking plenty of cool liquids (even before you feel thirsty), dressing appropriately for the weather, and staying in cool places whenever possible.
- Massive Winning Lotto Prize Ticket Recently Sold in Brampton
- Brampton House of the Week: $1.1 Million Home with Gorgeous Kitchen
- Brampton Politicians Speak Up On Alleged Sikh Extremism in Canada
- Police Searching for Suspects After Armed Robbery in Brampton
- Violence Against Teachers on the Rise in Brampton