Special weather statement regarding "significant snowfall" in effect for Brampton
A winter storm is in the forecast for Brampton.
Environment Canada recently announced that a special weather statement is in effect for Halton and Peel (Mississauga, Brampton, Oakville, Burlington, Milton, and Halton Hills).
The weather agency says that significant snowfall, freezing rain or rain are possible on Wednesday, Feb. 26 (both day and night).
“Current indications suggest that precipitation associated with a Texas Low will move into the area early Wednesday morning,” Environment Canada says.
“The precipitation may begin as snow then change to rain or freezing rain or continue as snow. Total snowfall amounts of 5 to 15 cm are possible in areas where the precipitation falls primarily as snow.”
Any change in the track could drastically change snowfall amounts and precipitation types.
- Physical distancing fine issued in Brampton after backyard party
- Brampton transit making service changes in response to COVID-19
- Ontario extends business closures amid COVID-19 crisis
- Police lay more than 50 charges against eight Brampton residents in connection to series of thefts
- Ontario reports over 450 new COVID-19 cases, over 130 cases confirmed in Brampton