Special weather statement regarding "significant snowfall" in effect for Brampton
A winter storm is in the forecast for Brampton.
Environment Canada recently announced that a special weather statement is in effect for Halton and Peel (Mississauga, Brampton, Oakville, Burlington, Milton, and Halton Hills).
The weather agency says that significant snowfall, freezing rain or rain are possible on Wednesday, Feb. 26 (both day and night).
“Current indications suggest that precipitation associated with a Texas Low will move into the area early Wednesday morning,” Environment Canada says.
“The precipitation may begin as snow then change to rain or freezing rain or continue as snow. Total snowfall amounts of 5 to 15 cm are possible in areas where the precipitation falls primarily as snow.”
Any change in the track could drastically change snowfall amounts and precipitation types.
- What you need to know about Brampton's new mandatory mask bylaw
- Business owners on their own when it comes to mask bylaw enforcement
- Brampton considered 'risk area' for Lyme disease
- Police searching for missing 13-year-old girl from Brampton
- Police searching for three suspects of late night armed robbery in Brampton