Specialty Indian Restaurant Opens Second Location in Brampton
There can never be too many Indian restaurants in Brampton!
A new, unique Indian restaurant boasting traditional flavours and a specialty opened earlier this year in Brampton. It's called Paranthe Wali Gali - which means "the lane of parantha-makers" - and its first location is at Clarence and Kennedy.
Now, restaurant owners have officially opened a second location at 2452 Queen St E, in place of the Khana Sutra, which closed down some time ago.
A parantha is an Indian flatbread that's popular in different styles in South Asian countries. The flatbread is typically flaky and can be stuffed with different ingredients.
Paranthe Wali Gali serves a whopping almost 60 different kinds of paranthe (plural of parantha), including butter chicken, beet root, and chicken biryani.
Some of the paranthe are inspired by different South Asian regions, like Chennai (parantha with potatoes and southern-flavoured herbs) and Kashmir (parantha with kidney beans and Indian herbs).
This restaurant also carries two very unique kinds of paranthe - pizza paranthe and sweet paranthe. The pizza paranthe are topped with different ingredients, like cheese, tomato sauce, and green chillies, while the sweet paranthe are stuffed with things like chocolate, fruit, and fennel.
Paranthe Wali Gali also has snacks like chaat and different kinds of tikka.
But let's not forget about dessert.
For dessert, you can get the chef's special paan ice cream. Paan is a unique treat that combines betel leaf with areca nut and often other fillings to create a juicy and sweet flavour.
And...there's lassi - a yogurt-based Indian milkshake - in mango and rose flavours.
Check out the full menu here.
Photo courtesy of Paranthe Wali Gali
Paranthe Wali Gali
2452 Queen St E
- Brampton driving school instructor charged with sexual offences
- McLaughlin and Ray Lawson closed due to shooting investigation in Brampton
- Man dead following shooting along Brampton footpath
- House of the Week: $1.6 Mil House with Insta-Worthy Backyard
- Dufferin-Peel Catholic District schools in Brampton with reported COVID-19 cases – September 29
- Brand New Specialty Indian Restaurant Now Open in Brampton
- Top 5 Hottest Restaurants in Brampton: October 29 to November 2
- Top 5 Hottest Restaurants in Brampton: December 8 to December 14
- Top 5 Hottest Restaurants in Brampton: May 19 to 25
- Top 5 Hottest Restaurants in Brampton: February 16 to February 22