Sprinkler Issue Shuts Down Major Streets in Brampton
A suspected fire prompted the closure of a major street in downtown Brampton on the morning of Jan. 2.
Peel police say a call regarding a possible commercial building fire came in at 11:38 a.m.
Emergency crews determined that no fire occurred and that the alarm was set off by a sprinkler.
Main St. has been shut down between Queen St. and Nelson St. while emergency crews remain on scene.
No injuries have been reported.
The road should reopen shortly.
- Traffic study identifies most dangerous streets in Brampton
- No mask, no service? Businesses have the right to require masks on customers
- Peel region’s top doctor says Brampton is not ready to reopen due to spike in COVID-19 cases
- Peel police report four drug-related deaths in 24 hours
- Woman struck by vehicle in Brampton