Starbucks reopening select locations for take-out orders
As Provincial restrictions have begun to loosen, some businesses are preparing to reopen certain services--Starbucks is one such example.
Starbucks has announced it will be reopening restaurants for walk-in take-out orders. However, all in-cafe seating, including patio seating, will remain closed.
These changes will be in effect for two thirds of Starbucks across the country as of this weekend (May 30).
These new changes, dubbed grab-and-go, will allow customers to walk into a Starbucks and order at the counter, then pay using any method--even cash.
Additionally, customers will be able to order and pay using the Starbucks app and then pick it up from the designated handoff area at their chosen location.
Further, Starbucks will be implementing strict safety protocols to mitigate the spread of COVID-19, and ensure both employees and customers are safe.
These changes include:
- When a customer walks into a cafe to order at the counter, they will notice floor markers and signage directing them where to stand to remain physically distant.
- There will also be a plexi-shield at the POS as an added barrier to protect partners and customers.
- All partners will wear facial coverings and adhere to Starbucks safety measures.
Moreover, Starbucks has announced it will be opening in-cafe seating and patio seating on a community-by-community basis, which will be dependent on recommendations from local leadership, health authorities, and provincial governments.
- Multiple charges laid for loitering in Brampton
- First responders attending to vehicle rollover in Brampton
- Brampton city council unanimously approves motion to increase road safety
- Federal wage subsidy to be extended to December, Trudeau says
- House of the Week: $1.6 Mil House with Insta-Worthy Backyard
- Starbucks reopening patios and in-store seating
- Starbucks implementing curbside pickup at select locations
- Starbucks closing some stores and moving to a to-go model in Canada in response to coronavirus
- Starbucks Unveils New Drink Option in Some Brampton Locations
- Brampton Residents Can Officially Get Their Starbucks Order Delivered To Them