Strong, Potentially Damaging Winds to Hit Brampton
A special weather statement in currently in effect for Brampton.
Environment Canada is reminding residents that strong winds are expected today (Sunday, March 10) with southwest winds gusting to 70 or 80 km/h.
"These winds may be strong enough to produce minor tree damage and isolated power outages, especially in locations which receive the stronger wind gusts," the statement reads.
The wind is expected to slowly diminish this evening.
Residents may want to exercise caution by staying indoors during strong winds.
We'll update with any further weather statements.
- Ontario to announce plans for Stage 3 of reopening as COVID-19 spread slows
- Weather warning in effect for funnel clouds expected in Brampton
- House of the Week: $1.6 Mil House with Insta-Worthy Backyard
- Police responding to reports of man sitting in middle of road in Brampton
- Brampton resident celebrating a big lotto win