Strong, Potentially Damaging Winds to Hit Brampton
A special weather statement in currently in effect for Brampton.
Environment Canada is reminding residents that strong winds are expected today (Sunday, March 10) with southwest winds gusting to 70 or 80 km/h.
"These winds may be strong enough to produce minor tree damage and isolated power outages, especially in locations which receive the stronger wind gusts," the statement reads.
The wind is expected to slowly diminish this evening.
Residents may want to exercise caution by staying indoors during strong winds.
We'll update with any further weather statements.
- Ontario reports 550 new COVID-19 cases, largest single-day increase so far
- BREAKING: COVID-19 death reported at Brampton Civic Hospital
- Maple Leaf Foods closes Brampton plant as more employees test positive for COVID-19
- Fire department responding to a fire in Brampton
- More than 500 new COVID-19 cases recorded in Ontario, 270 total cases found in Brampton