Strong winds and freezing rain in forecast for Brampton
If you were planning on traveling on Saturday, you might want to rethink your plans.
Environment Canada says a special weather statement in effect for Halton and Peel (Mississauga, Brampton, Oakville, Burlington, Milton, and Halton Hills).
The weather agency says heavy rain, strong winds, and possibly freezing rain are in the forecast for Saturday into Sunday.
“Occasional light rain or drizzle is expected today and tonight. However, rain will be more continuous and heavy at times Saturday into Sunday morning. Total rainfall amounts of 25 to 50 mm are possible with most of the rain falling Saturday into Saturday night,” Environment Canada says.
For areas further away from Lake Ontario, rain is likely to change to freezing rain by Saturday evening and may last for several hours.
Strong southwest winds are also expected Sunday morning, especially along the Lake Ontario shoreline where winds may gust up to 90 km/h.
There remains considerable uncertainty with exact rainfall amounts along with the location of freezing rain. Warnings will be issued as the event draws nearer.
Travel will be impacted throughout Southern Ontario Saturday into Sunday.
- Federal wage subsidy to be extended to December, Trudeau says
- House of the Week: $1.6 Mil House with Insta-Worthy Backyard
- Multiple charges laid for loitering in Brampton
- Professor’s Lake and more to reopen in Brampton this week
- Brampton city council unanimously approves motion to increase road safety
- Environment Canada issues freezing rain warning for Brampton
- UPDATED WEATHER STATEMENT: 80 km/h Winds and Freezing Rain to Hit Brampton
- UPDATE: Heavy Freezing Rain Expected in Brampton
- LATEST WEATHER STATEMENT: Freezing Rain to Hit Brampton
- Freezing Rain Warning In Effect for Brampton and Surrounding Cities