Student-led organization hosting Brampton march to protest anti-Black racism
A rally held by a student-led organization to protest against anti-Black racism will take place in Brampton this weekend.
The rally is being hosted by Black Lives Ontario and will take place on Sunday, July 5 at Gage Park from 2:30 pm to 4:45 pm.
The student-led organization includes high school students entering Grade 11 and the event will include dancers, singers, motivational speakers and other performers.
“We are planning this event to make a change in Canada and to show the prevalence of racism; systemic or not, that continues to plague our province as a whole,” said the Go Fund Me page that was set up for the rally.
According to the Go Fund Me page, the hosts of this rally hope it will be a “peaceful march” and are planning on raising money for “the victims of police brutality and racism in Canada.”
Photo courtesy of The Canadian Press
- Protesters prepare to rally against anti-black, Indigenous racism
- March against anti-Black racism happening this weekend in Brampton
- Ontario Now Has its First Anti-Black Racism Strategy
- Ontario issues directives to school board that oversees Brampton schools after review on anti-black racism
- Ontario government appoints Black reviewer for Peel school board anti-Black racism review