Subway launching plant-based menu items
Subway is joining the growing list of restaurants that are offering plant-based meat alternatives on their menus.
The sandwich giant has announced they are will be offering a plant-based Beyond Meatball option for fans of the classic meatball sub at participating locations.
Additionally, Subway is partnering with Lifestyle Expert Martha Stewart to promote their new menu option.
“Martha is the perfect partner to announce the nationwide launch of the Beyond Meatball Marinara Sub in Canada,” Cristina Wells, Subway Canada Senior Marketing Director, said in a news release.
“Martha’s green thumb and culinary prowess made her a natural fit to speak to the unbelievable cultivation and care that goes into creating the Beyond Meatball,” she continued.
According to the release, the new Beyond Meatball sandwich tastes just like the original and has 22 grams of protein in a six-inch sub.
“We are proud to expand the Beyond Meatball to thousands of Subway locations across Canada, introducing the delicious taste and benefits of Beyond Meat to a widening consumer base,” Ethan Brown, Beyond Meat CEO and Founder, said in the same release.
“Canada is a progressive market and we’ve seen strong engagement from consumers there. Through our partnership with Subway, we look forward to offering delicious, options that will excite new and existing fans,” he continued.
Cover photo courtesy of Subway Canada’s Instagram
- Grocery store employee in Brampton tests positive for COVID-19
- Mayor Brown raises concerns over banquet hall events and weddings in Brampton
- BREAKING: AMBER Alert issued for two girls last seen in Kitchener
- House of the Week: $1.6 Mil House with Insta-Worthy Backyard
- Dufferin-Peel Catholic District schools in Brampton with reported COVID-19 cases – September 28