Subway reopening as many restaurants as possible this month
As businesses slowly start to reopen their doors, Subway Canada says it plans to "reopen as many restaurants across Canada as possible this month."
The popular sandwich chain also plans to expand its contactless ordering options (including the introduction of curbside pickup) and implement the following health and safety guidelines to protect its franchise owners, employees and customers:
- Introduced enhanced cleaning procedures, such as hourly restaurant cleanings, especially in high-touch areas such as door handles and credit card terminals
- Equipped restaurant employees with masks, installing plexiglass shields at registers, and implemented social distancing guidelines for guests and employees
- Issued guidance for conducting wellness checks of restaurant staff at the start of each shift
- Reinforced stringent health and food safety standards, like wearing single-use gloves when making sandwiches, required handwashing several times throughout each shift, and individually wrapping and sealing all subs
"Many things have changed in the past weeks and months, but as we reopen our doors Canadians can rely on their local Subway for quality meals prepared fresh." says Cristina Wells, Country Director at Subway Canada.
The franchise is also introducing a new Under $5 Menu at some locations for items under five dollars, such as their Cold Cut Combo and Egg & Bacon English Muffin among other items.
- 11-year-old from Brampton hoping to win this season’s grand prize for America’s Got Talent
- Two Brampton man face charges after woman is struck by car
- Police investigating robbery at gunpoint in Brampton
- Peel District schools in Brampton with reported cases of COVID-19 – September 22
- COVID-19 hits more schools amid growing fears of pandemic’s second wave
- Subway launching plant-based menu items
- Is This Major Restaurant Chain Shutting Down Locations in Canada?
- Number of Subway locations continues to decline in Brampton
- Subway Announces New Beyond Meat Sandwiches Coming to Brampton
- Ontario providing workplace safety guidelines to help employers prepare for economy's reopening