Suspect Arrested Following Sexual Assault Investigation in Brampton
Investigators from the Special Victims Unit have arrested and charged a man in relation to a sexual assault investigation in Brampton.
According to police, on Saturday, March 16, 2019, a 48-year-old woman from Brampton, went to a health and wellness spa in the city for a massage when she was sexually assaulted.
On Thursday, April 18, 2019, Napoleon Arenas, a 62-year-old man from Brampton, who was acting as a masseur, was arrested and charged with sexual assault pertaining to the incident.
Police say the accused was held for a bail hearing and attended the Ontario Court of Justice in Brampton on Friday, April 19, 2019.
The accused is not a licensed massage therapist but, according to police, he may have practiced as a masseur in other cities.
Anyone with further information relating to this investigation is asked to call investigators from the Special Victims Unit at (905) 453-2121, ext.3460.
Information may also be left anonymously by calling Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477), or by visiting peelcrimestoppers.ca.
- Impaired driver smashes into tree in Brampton
- 460 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 1,956 total cases found in Brampton
- Traffic study identifies most dangerous streets in Brampton
- House of the Week: $1.4 Mil Bungalow With Incredible Bar
- Car rental company established in 1918 files for bankruptcy due to COVID-19