Suspect in Custody After Police Officer Injured During Traffic Stop in Brampton
A driver is in custody after a police officer was reportedly injured during a traffic stop in Brampton.
Peel police say officers are currently on scene in the Sandalwood and Bramalea area.
Police say the driver ran over an officer’s foot during a traffic stop at 8:31 a.m.
The officer transported to a local hospital.
Police say the incident is being investigated.
- LATEST: Ontario and Brampton COVID-19 numbers as of April 5, 2020
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Crews on scene for fire at abandoned Brampton residence
- Troops hit the road to prepare for fight against COVID-19
- Ontario reports over 4,000 cases of COVID-19, over 200 cases confirmed in Brampton
- Application process for emergency benefits for workers begins this morning
- PHOTOS: Police ID Suspect After Officer Injured in Carjacking
- Police Identify Brampton Man Accused of Hitting and Dragging OPP Officer in Mississauga
- Police Seize Loaded Gun During Traffic Stop Just Outside Brampton
- Peel Police Officer Suspended After Fight With Fellow Officer
- SIU Clears Peel Police Officer in Brampton Dog Bite