Suspect Last Seen in Brampton After Student Sexually Assaulted
A man in his 20s is being hunted by Peel police after a York University student was allegedly sexually assaulted on a bus.
The incident took place on Sept. 29 at 8:30 p.m.
That’s when the female victim got on a bus in Toronto’s Keele St. and Pond Rd. area.
The victim sat beside a man near the back of the bus.
Investigators allege he “quickly began to make sexual advances towards the victim.”
The victim was sexually assaulted on the bus on two different occasions by the same suspect, say police.
She moved to the front of the bus and asked the driver to phone police.
The suspect exited the bus at Queen St. and Kennedy Rd. in Brampton, and began walking eastbound on Queen.
He’s described as South Asian, mid 20's, standing 5-foot-10 with a medium build.
He had a dark, trimmed beard.
He was wearing a blue baseball cap, grey sweater, blue jeans, and was carrying a blue backpack.
Anyone with information is asked to call the 22 Division criminal investigation bureau at (905) 453-2121 ext. 2233. Information may also be left anonymously by calling Peel Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477), or by visiting www.peelcrimestoppers.ca, or by sending a text message to CRIMES (274637) with the word "PEEL" and then your tip.
Images courtesy of Peel Regional Police
- 11-year-old from Brampton hoping to win this season’s grand prize for America’s Got Talent
- Two Brampton man face charges after woman is struck by car
- Police investigating robbery at gunpoint in Brampton
- Peel District schools in Brampton with reported cases of COVID-19 – September 22
- Here’s how much detached house prices have risen in Brampton in just one year
- Two suspects wanted after female victim sexually assaulted in Brampton
- Police Investigating After Child Allegedly Sexually Assaulted in Brampton
- Police Seeking Suspect After Woman Assaulted in Brampton
- Police Looking for Suspect After Reported Sexual Assault in Brampton
- Peel Police Asking For Help in Brampton Sexual Assault Case